The Whitsundays Islands are made up of almost a hundred wonderful islands right in the heart of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
The idyllic landscapes, its secret corners and friendly coastal villages, make it one of the most rewarding experiences you can live.
There’s a lot to live for. It’s worth making the right choice. And that’s what we’re here for.
|DEPARTURE PLACE||Airlie Beach|
|DEPARTURE TIME||2 hours before departure|
|ARRIVAL PLACE||Airlie Beach|
Day 4. Departure
The Whitsundays Islandsare composed of 74 wonderful islands on the tropical coast of Queensland in Australia, right in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The Great Barrier Reef is home to an impressive variety of animals, from the microscopic plankton to whales with their more than 100 tons of weight. It is more than fish and corals. In the habitat of the Great Barrier Reef we can find
- 1625 types of fish, including 1400 coral reef species
- 6 of the 7 Marine Turtles which exist in the world
- 30 types of whales and dolphins
- 133 types of sharks and rays.
- One of the most important Dugong populations in the world
- More than 3000 species of mollusks (shells)
- 630 species of echinoderms (starfish, urchins)
- 14 marine snake breeding species
- 215 species of birds including 22 species of seabirds and 32 species of shorebirds